Saturday, April 15, 2006

Blackbird

She is my blackbird
Sings a sweet song
She's off limits
But I always get it wrong

She can touch
It's way outa line
Then it's hard to tell
What is hers and what is mine

Oh now, Sweetheart
Wait outside the door
I'm gonna take it slow

Brings me coffee
I wake slow
Curls in beside me
And I know it's time to go

Aw now, Sweetheart
Standing at my door
I gotta take it slow

Slowly sliding off key
Knowing full-well how it's meant to be
I'll pick and choose
'Till I can't lose
And two plus two makes three

Hope tears asunder
Makes you question your fate
I often wonder
Why I always leave it late

Aw now, Sweetheart
You've broken through the door
Yeah now, Honey
We've ended up on the floor
We shoulda took it slow
Shoulda took it slow

© John Rogers 2006

No comments: