Monday, August 10, 2009

Went Down

It's more than a difference of opinion
If she's coming at ya with the kitchen knife
It's not the best way to be living
Looking in on someone else's life
It's not the end of the story
Just 'cos you got to knock out the light

I'm not down with half of what went down today
Hey hey

Jenny's out on the warpath
She's had it up to there with the scene
Jason, he's pretty happy
Made the cover of that magazine
It was all going so smooth
If you know just what I mean

You couldn't be up with half of what went down today
Hey hey

Waiting at the back door
Know I need to give
Crazy's coming over
Crashing on the sofa
Walking on the safe side
Scared on the inside
Running all over town
Looking for some face-time

It's about now time for her wedding
She's gonna make that man a good wife
Next there'll be kids and a mortgage
A holiday home and the rest of the strife
I might make the afters
I'd be hanging on for dear life

I'm not down with half of what went down today
Hey hey
No I'm not down with half of what went down today
Hey hey

It's more than a difference of opinion....

© John Rogers 2009

No comments: